Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Stocking Design for Meg's KAL and WIP's


YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURE AND IT WILL COME IN LARGE SO U CAN SEE THE DETAIL BETTER.
The charted trees, hearts, snow flakes and deer are from books,
the patterns are my design...made up to fit the area.
This is the chart I made for my Christmas stocking for the Knit A Long with Meg Swansen...I am very happy with it. The white line above my name is for an after thought pocket...gulp...never did one before.

Cropped sweater I made for my sister while we were in Brazil for 3 weeks in Jan of 2007. She has the same colors socks and I felted her some clogs. You ca't see it but this has a low scoop neck. The Socks...I bought this yarn summer of 2007 to make socks for Sue for her birthday in Nov...it is now Dec and I am knitting like crazy to get them done for her for Christmas...
HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR!
Didn't get much knitting done today...matter of fact didn't do any but I did work on my design for the Christmas stocking...I am quite happy with it...I'll be even happier if it knits out ok.
Here are SOME of my WIP's
and going to be WIP"S.
I also have the yarn for my Spanish Peacock shawl in RED. This is the shawl Meg Swansen made for her daughter for her wedding The Gathering of Lace...it is beautiful.
I have gotten the yarn for swatching my Aran coat and for my KNIT, PURL Armenian sweater...the one Joyce made in the book Armenian Knitting.
I AM USING THE SAME COLORS...Joyce used...
how could I not...
Blue is my birthstone color.
I tend to lean towards the saphires and reds.
http://www.schoolhousepress.com/
Oh yeah... I also have the yarn to start my revised...longer Rib warmer...in white. However, I think I am addicted to this pattern and with the new colors Schoolhouse Press has added...WELL NEED I SAY MORE!
My leggings are coming alone nicely...I love the yarn Saqulli or something like that..DK in dark blue...it is so soft. I will be making Ron a swearter in this...so nice and cuddly... Of course SHP yarn again.
Well, I spent all day yesterday on the computer so today I have to knit. I came on at about 6 AM and was on it when DH came home early at 3 PM...caught...dang!!! Can u say..
HOW FAST CAN U PICK UP THE HOUSE!!!

RAVELRY
Seems to have me hooked...if nothing else just looking at what others are doing.
OMG

No comments: