Friday, February 22, 2008

Spanish Peacock Shawl update

Oh...she comes in at 7 ft across

Today the Spanish Peacock freed her self from her needles...she spread her wings to show her true beauty...and what a beauty she is!

(the colors are more of a dark wine red instead of the light red u see...I hope to take much better pictures once she is placed on a light color back ground.)



Whew...this is a handful. The Peacock wasn't bad but the finding an edge has been a nightmare. I have been looking for just the right one. I have been looking for it in all my books and on the net...finally found one I liked. I down loaded it and worked for 5 days trying to get the thing to knit up...but I kept getting the wrong number of stitches. I counted and counted and ripped and redid the thing for 5 days...I wanted to sit in the corner and cry...finally I said it has to be the pattern not me...you can not knit 25 stitches if there is only 24 stitches on the needle. I finally found the designer...and sent her an email. She assured me it was correct...I assureed her it wasn't...finally she wrote back and said...geee there seems to be a mistake...THANK YOU!


She said she would correct it and get back to me...4 days later I was looking for another edge. I found it in one of my books that Judy sent me...so now it was time to make a chart that I could follow...of course being in a hurry I made so many mistakes...3 days later I finally had all the right number of stitches but no clue how to do a YO at the end of a row. Good ol Ravelry and the knitters there, got me through it and we got the thing to work. I knit and I knit and I seem to get nowhere. I am really having a problem focusing on this....I think because I had a feeling I didn't have enough yarn....I DON'T. However...Tami and Schoolhouse Press found more of the same lot...Thank you Tami...you have saved me.


So, now I finish the skein I have and wait for the new yarn to come...


So here it is...not done yet and the chart I did. As you can see my charts are pretty colorful...but they help me keep focused on where I am and I dont have to count how many K's I need to do between sections....


8 comments:

cindy said...

Your Spanish Peacock Shawl is stunning. I just finished a very simple YO Pi. You've inspired me to try my hand at a more lacy shawl.

I was wondering if you could tell me how you added your ravelry projects with the rectangles to show progress to your sidebar. I use blogger as well.

EZ Knitter said...

Thanks Cindy.
For the projects to show up you have to go to forums...then go to For the Love of Ravelry and there u will see I want Progress Bars. But let me warn u...it wasnt' easy and it took me several days and begging others to help me.

Connie said...

Hey Karen, Saw your blog on an answer to Sallie's e mail about a non existent thing. But so nice to see you and all the things you have been knitting and crocheting. I'll keep watching and hopefully be inspired to go beyond the basics. Good to see you, Connie A.

EZ Knitter said...

Thanks Connie...nice to have u drop by...come back and vist often.
Oh and bring your needles...we can knit together.

KJH

MSbeckey said...

This shawl is stunning! You've done a beautiful job and should be so proud.
b

MSbeckey said...

Ok, I have trouble posting, so if you get this three time, I'm so sorry. Just wanted to say this is amazingly beautiful!

warm as toast said...

this is incredible. I would love to attempt it but I think your accomplishment is a unique (and beautiful!) take and I doubt I could retrace your adaptations and recreate it..

EZ Knitter said...

are you on Ravelry?
this shawl..only looks hard..if you can do k2tog and YO and ssk you can do this...i just redid it on a Pie are Square...this one I am keeping.
come find me on Ravelry...kski